Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rescue Operation

OVEREXPOSED!!!

Sunog kumbaga sa tagalog... ang term ng mga photographer kapag overexposed or sobrang bright ng image...

I had a lot of overexposed images and I feel like it's my responsibility to rescue those photos...as I was browsing the youtube, I came to this Lightroom tutorial on how to use the gradient filter function.

I downloaded a free-trial version of Lightroom 3 for my laptop, and followed the instruction on that tutorial and applied it on my image. Okay w/o so much ado...this is the image I touched-up...



Below is the screen shot of before and after image:



You can see the big difference from the original photo. I know that there are other people who are skeptic on post-processed photos but there are instances that photos might have gone wrong (bright light coming from the sun, shadows, low-light...etc) no matter how good the photographer is. For me, as long as you do it for the justice of the beauty of an image you want to share to other people it's fine.

"Gusto kong makita niyo ang kulay at ganda ng mga bagay ng nakita ko at mamahangha katulad ko"...

Nikki-tip: Some of my friends keep asking me for some tips, I didn't attend any formal training, but there are a lot of tutorials out in youtube, blogs and websites such as Digital Photography School (one of the photography links included at the side of this blog). You got to read and read, surf and surf...and of course practice and practice and practice whatever you have learned...kahit ako inuulit-ulit ko pa rin sa sarili ko until now...So, happy-snaps;P

10 comments:

  1. deth, nagshoshoot ka ba dito sa sg? pasama minsan. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, pero lately tamaran grupo kase ulan ng ulan, usually weekend kame nagshoshoot. Cge ba sama ka pag may shoot kame...may fb ka ba? Add mo ko nag-aanounce kme dun ng shoot, hehe;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ganda naman..love the beach and the boat..^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks arlini, good to hear you like it;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deth! Wow, nice ang kinalabasan ah. Wala pa ako kahit anong PP software eh, except yung kasama sa Canon nnung binili ang camera. I didn't know my free trial version ang LR hehehe. Salamat sa 'yo at nalaman ko :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayieee, thanks Ms.N... opo may free trial ang lightroom...kaya lang 30days lang yun,actually pde ka na magdownload nung software sa torrent illegal nga lang (B.I.) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha now that you've mentioned it....kidding :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Deth, thanks for this post. Mahilig din ako sa photography and It helps me a lot, dami ko ding sunog na kuha, sayang naman kung idelete ko lang, buti nakita ko tong blog mo.

    ReplyDelete